Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My nanny is a four year old...more tales from toddlerdom

  With five kids and all but one in school during the day, my youngest tends to get quite bored.  I’ve already blogged once about the things he does when my back is turned (mixing “special ingredients” i.e. lemonade and Gatorade powders, on the patio).  He doesn’t get into quite as much trouble when he is occupied in a social way.  But, as a work at home mom (that means I have daily household chores and a home based business) I just don’t have the time to entertain him all day.  So I’ve learned to get a nanny to come in and be with him a few times a week.  This isn’t your ordinary nanny.  Stern reprimands are rare with this nanny, in fact you are more likely to see a grin and get a giggle than an angry word.  But don’t get me wrong, there are times when my son needs a reprimand and the nanny is sure to give it to him, especially in cases of not sharing.  But his nanny is quick to forgive which is a big plus in my list of preferences.  His nanny is very polite, but I’m told that is from training received from the home office and sometimes it isn’t consistent in all situations.  His nanny is a good example and will show him where to sit when eating (my son has an issue with inching his way into the family room from the kitchen and the spots on the carpet are proof).  But the best thing is, his nanny knows how to play Geotrax, Planet Heroes, Legos, Star Wars, and Transformers way better than I do.  And that in and of itself convinced me this nanny was the right one for the job.  And the price was right too- just an occasional short ride in the car and I got my nanny for free!  Wanna know my secret?  My nanny is a four year old.  And take it from me- two four year olds are better than one!

Posted via email from One Mom's View

No comments:

Post a Comment